1. Executable programs or shell commands
REALPATHSection: User Commands (1)
Updated: February 2022
Index | Return to Main Contents
NAMErealpath - print the resolved path
SYNOPSISrealpath [,OPTION/]... ,FILE/...
Print the resolved absolute file name; all but the last component must exist
- -e, --canonicalize-existing
- all components of the path must exist
- -m, --canonicalize-missing
- no path components need exist or be a directory
- -L, --logical
- resolve '..' components before symlinks
- -P, --physical
- resolve symlinks as encountered (default)
- -q, --quiet
- suppress most error messages
- print the resolved path relative to DIR
- print absolute paths unless paths below DIR
- -s, --strip, --no-symlinks
- don't expand symlinks
- -z, --zero
- end each output line with NUL, not newline
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
AUTHORWritten by Padraig Brady.
REPORTING BUGSGNU coreutils online help: <https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/>
Report any translation bugs to <https://translationproject.org/team/>
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2020 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <https://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
SEE ALSOreadlink(1), readlink(2), realpath(3)
Full documentation <https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/realpath>
or available locally via: info '(coreutils) realpath invocation'
Return to Main Contents
All content on this site is copyright ©2004-2023 and is not to be reproduced without prior permission.