1. Executable programs or shell commands
RMDIRSection: User Commands (1)
Updated: February 2022
Index | Return to Main Contents
NAMErmdir - remove empty directories
SYNOPSISrmdir [,OPTION/]... ,DIRECTORY/...
Remove the DIRECTORY(ies), if they are empty.
- ignore each failure that is solely because a directory
- is non-empty
- -p, --parents
- remove DIRECTORY and its ancestors; e.g., 'rmdir -p a/b/c' is similar to 'rmdir a/b/c a/b a'
- -v, --verbose
- output a diagnostic for every directory processed
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
AUTHORWritten by David MacKenzie.
REPORTING BUGSGNU coreutils online help: <https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/>
Report any translation bugs to <https://translationproject.org/team/>
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2020 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <https://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
Full documentation <https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/rmdir>
or available locally via: info '(coreutils) rmdir invocation'
Return to Main Contents
All content on this site is copyright ©2004-2023 and is not to be reproduced without prior permission.