1. Executable programs or shell commands
GVFSDSection: User Commands (1)
Index | Return to Main Contents
NAMEgvfsd - Main daemon for gvfs
- gvfsd [OPTION...]
The primary task of gvfsd is to act as a mount tracker/manager. It spawns new backends when requested and keeps track of their lifecycle, maintaining a list of active mounts and creates direct connections to them.
Since gvfs backends are running as children of the gvfsd process, it is possible to start gvfsd in a terminal and set environment variables to get debug output from individual backends.
gvfsd also starts the gvfsd-fuse(1), and provides it the mount point where the fuse file system should be mounted.
- Prints a short help text and exits.
- Shows the version number and exits.
- Replace the currently running gvfsd instance.
- Don't start the fuse filesystem.
- Enable debug output.
- If this environment variable is set, gvfsd will not start the fuse filesystem.
On success 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise.
Return to Main Contents
All content on this site is copyright ©2004-2023 and is not to be reproduced without prior permission.