1. Executable programs or shell commands
MKDIRSection: User Commands (1)
Updated: February 2022
Index | Return to Main Contents
NAMEmkdir - make directories
SYNOPSISmkdir [,OPTION/]... ,DIRECTORY/...
Create the DIRECTORY(ies), if they do not already exist.
Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too.
- -m, --mode=,MODE/
- set file mode (as in chmod), not a=rwx - umask
- -p, --parents
- no error if existing, make parent directories as needed
- -v, --verbose
- print a message for each created directory
- set SELinux security context of each created directory to the default type
- like -Z, or if CTX is specified then set the SELinux or SMACK security context to CTX
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
AUTHORWritten by David MacKenzie.
REPORTING BUGSGNU coreutils online help: <https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/>
Report any translation bugs to <https://translationproject.org/team/>
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2020 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <https://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
Full documentation <https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/mkdir>
or available locally via: info '(coreutils) mkdir invocation'
Return to Main Contents
All content on this site is copyright ©2004-2023 and is not to be reproduced without prior permission.