1. Executable programs or shell commands
MKFIFOSection: User Commands (1)
Updated: February 2022
Index | Return to Main Contents
NAMEmkfifo - make FIFOs (named pipes)
SYNOPSISmkfifo [,OPTION/]... ,NAME/...
Create named pipes (FIFOs) with the given NAMEs.
Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too.
- -m, --mode=,MODE/
- set file permission bits to MODE, not a=rw - umask
- set the SELinux security context to default type
- like -Z, or if CTX is specified then set the SELinux or SMACK security context to CTX
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
AUTHORWritten by David MacKenzie.
REPORTING BUGSGNU coreutils online help: <https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/>
Report any translation bugs to <https://translationproject.org/team/>
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2020 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <https://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
Full documentation <https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/mkfifo>
or available locally via: info '(coreutils) mkfifo invocation'
Return to Main Contents
All content on this site is copyright ©2004-2023 and is not to be reproduced without prior permission.