1. Executable programs or shell commands
TEESection: User Commands (1)
Updated: February 2022
Index | Return to Main Contents
NAMEtee - read from standard input and write to standard output and files
SYNOPSIStee [,OPTION/]... [,FILE/]...
Copy standard input to each FILE, and also to standard output.
- -a, --append
- append to the given FILEs, do not overwrite
- -i, --ignore-interrupts
- ignore interrupt signals
- diagnose errors writing to non pipes
- set behavior on write error. See MODE below
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
MODE determines behavior with write errors on the outputs:
- diagnose errors writing to any output
- diagnose errors writing to any output not a pipe
- exit on error writing to any output
- exit on error writing to any output not a pipe
The default MODE for the -p option is 'warn-nopipe'. The default operation when --output-error is not specified, is to exit immediately on error writing to a pipe, and diagnose errors writing to non pipe outputs.
AUTHORWritten by Mike Parker, Richard M. Stallman, and David MacKenzie.
REPORTING BUGSGNU coreutils online help: <https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/>
Report any translation bugs to <https://translationproject.org/team/>
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2020 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <https://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
SEE ALSOFull documentation <https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/tee>
or available locally via: info '(coreutils) tee invocation'
- REPORTING BUGS
- SEE ALSO
Return to Main Contents
All content on this site is copyright ©2004-2023 and is not to be reproduced without prior permission.